How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example, to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading, or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to request a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your identifiable information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to request that any mistakes in your medical record are corrected.
- Our practice privacy notice is on the practice website which includes information on how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to seek advice or make a complaint if you need to do so.
Privacy Notice for The Grange Medical Centre
How we use your information to provide you with healthcare and how you can request access to your data. Download the PDF documents.